These are literally the BEST chocolate chip cookies! This is the first recipe I have ever made that didn’t turn out flat, pathetic, and unappetizing. Instead, these are SO thick, a little crunchy when they first come out of the oven and if you have enough self control to not eat the whole batch in one night , the next day they are chewy deliciousness!!!
I adjusted the recipe to make it more to my taste…more chocolate chips and cinnamon! You can never go wrong with a chocolate/cinnamon combo. I feel like the difference between this recipe and others I have made is the fact that you are using melted butter rather than just softened. That is literally the only thing I can think of that could be the difference between the flat cookies of the past and these delicious thick ones. Hope you give them a try because they are seriously too good not to!
What you’ll need…
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 12oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
- Mix together the sugars, melted butter, egg and vanilla
- Stir together the wet and dry ingredients just until incorporated
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Spoon mixture into tablespoon sized balls and place on cookie sheet
- Bake for 13-15 minutes (depending on your oven so check them around 11 minutes just to be safe!)
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and enjoy! Even better tasting the next day!