These are literally the BEST chocolate chip cookies! This is the first recipe I have ever made that didn’t turn out flat, pathetic, and unappetizing. Instead, these are SO thick, a little crunchy when they first come out of the oven and if you have enough self control to not eat the whole batch in one night, the next day they are chewy deliciousness!!!
I adjusted the recipe to make it more to my taste…more chocolate chips and cinnamon! You can never go wrong with a chocolate/cinnamon combo. I feel like the difference between this recipe and others I have made is the fact that you are using melted butter rather than just softened. That is literally the only thing I can think of that could be the difference between the flat cookies of the past and these delicious thick ones. Hope you give them a try because they are seriously too good not to!
What you’ll need…
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 12oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
- Mix together the sugars, melted butter, egg and vanilla
- Stir together the wet and dry ingredients just until incorporated
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Spoon mixture into tablespoon sized balls and place on cookie sheet
- Bake for 13-15 minutes (depending on your oven so check them around 11 minutes just to be safe!)
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and enjoy! Even better tasting the next day!